Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My New Adventures in Baking!

New KitchenAid MixerSo since I've just hit the milestone birthday (12/5). Turning 50 has got me thinking of things I want to do while I can still enjoy doing them, a bucket list of some sort.  Baking happens to be top on my list so I bought myself a KitchenAid Mixer for my birthday I pimped it out a little using Make the Cut software and some outdoor vinyl .  My mom was a terrific cook and I wasn't sure if I had any of her talent.  Last night I dabbled in a recipe I found for Pecan Praline Cookies, when I told my daughter I was going to try the recipe she looked at me funny and said "Ma, I know we're from New Orleans and all, but REALLY!!???". I just smiled and said, well if it doesn't work out all I've lost is a couple hours and some pantry supplies.

Roll in 9:32PM, I took the last batch out of the oven and I gave her the first cookie from my newest batch of cookies, I thought she was going to fall on the floor.  She squealed "Ma, this is the best cookie I ever tasted", I just smiled and said "good because I am bringing them to work tomorrow to go with our Holiday Luncheon".  Her entire face dropped and with doe eyes she asked if I could make her some too.  I gently reminded her that she thought I was crazy to bake them in the 1st place, but she truly is eating her words now. I didn't tell her, but I made a couple dozen for home too.

Took them to work today (12/7) and OMG! they went nuts over them.  Several people said it was by far the best cookie they had ever eaten.  I just smiled and whispered "Thanks Mom".  The cute little box I made to package them in came from instructions found here:
 http://thecreativeitchboutique.blogspot.com/2010/12/cookie-box.html

Pecan Praline Cookies

Until Next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment