Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Adventures in Baking my 1st Cake

So this is my 1st cake that I decorated and I was a little nervous because I had never decorated a cake before other than buying some icing from the store and slapping it on (tragic I know).  I had found this cake tagged on Pinterest (my favorite place), someone had done a ombre cake and I loved the way it looked so I decided to take a play on that style and create something similar, but not so elaborate for my co-worker who celebrated her birthday over the weekend.

I'm pretty pleased with the way it came out considering it was my 1st.  It is a Triple-Chocolate Cake with Cheesecake center. I made a fresh buttercreme icing and sprayed it with some Wilton Food Color Spray. I was hoping she would cut it at work so I could take a picture of the middle, but alas she wanted to savor it all for herself (which is totally her right, it is her cake after-all).  She has promised to take a picture of the inside for me so I can add it to this post.  So without further ado here is at least the outside of the cake...

1st Time Decorated Birthday Cake


Update 12/20/11
Cake has been cut and it looks quite nice.

Cake Cut

Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment