Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cakes

Hi Everyone,

It's been awhile since I've posted on here. I must do better.  I've been taking Wilton's Cake Decorating classes and have been having a blast.  I've completed Course 1 and am about to complete Course 2 this Monday (3/25/13).

I love decorating and baking and am getting very comfortable with my skills.  Here is a picture of a cup cake I made for my daughter's 32nd birthday.  I made 9 regular sized cup cakes and 24 mini cup cakes (2 bites).

Reeses Birthday Cupcake

I've been practicing my Photoshop skills as well.  This is a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cake with Caramel filling and a peanut butter, butter cream drizzled with chocolate and caramel sauce and a mini Reese's on top.

Reese's Cup Cake Recipe:

Duncan Hines Devil's Food Cake Mix (follow baking directions with these changes).  For a more homemade taste use melted butter in place of oil, add one extra egg and use milk in place of water.  It will have the consistancy of pudding, but that's okay. Use an ice cream scoop to fill your cupcake cups for even proportions.

Bake according to directions, but watch them. Mine were ready about 4 minutes before time was up.

Peanut Butter Frosting Recipe:

4 Cups Sifted Powdered Sugar
1/2 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1 Stick Softened SALTED Butter
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp. Almond Extract
4 tbsp Milk

Sift powdered sugar into your bowl add 1/2 cup of peanut butter and salted butter to bowl, turn mixer on slowly until sugar and butters are mixed. Add vanilla and almond extracts and blend some more.  Add milk slowly until frosting is smooth. Turn mixer on medium and mix for about 3 to 4 minutes until fluffy.

After cup cakes have cooled squeeze some Caramel Sauce (I used Hershey's Caramel) into the center of your cup cakes using a bottle with a tip. I used the Wilton Squeeze Bottles:
Use piping bag and star tip 1M to create top then drizzle some Caramel Sauce and Hot Fudge Sauce (I used Hershey's Brand) on top. Place a Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cup on top for a nice presentation.

With the peanut butter frosting and chocolate cake the whole thing taste like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. Yummy!

If you try this please comment and let me know how you like it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Cheryl-TeeDee Bakes Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment